Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Homesick at Home


I realize that I've really let my blogging slide. It was an accident. I promise!
I am perpetually heckled for my subpar reporting skills and loosing touch with my own Laura-time. It's taking it's toll I tell you. I used to be so organized. Now I have piles. Paperwork, house work, my poor car suddenly keeps having problems. Did I tell you my brakes went out on me and I causally rolled into oncoming traffic?! No one was harmed, except for Kona's ego. (Kona is my trusty 4Runner sidekick. We've done everything together.)

Today I'd like to complain about 9-5 jobs. What a ruckus. Do they not realize you have no time for you? And your piles? I'm so sore and tired when I get home that I can't make myself do anything. What is that? I hate it. So when a day off rolls around I only want to play and take naps but I have to tend to my piles and then the whole day is gone. How do people balance these things? How do people keep up with blogs??

I'm also angy because summer is over and I got very little dock time this year. We sure had a busy summer. Quitting jobs, crossing the globe, starting new jobs, foreign weddings, friend visits, etc. There was no time for Buddy and the Big Pink Kayak and now that things are settling down it all makes me very sad. I've had very little Sit and Think About Life Time and you that's what makes me happy.

I realized the sensation I've been feeling for a while now is homesickness but it doesn't go away when I'm home. It drifts off a bit when I'm out on the dock but it comes back as soon as it's time to come in. Budds and I did venture out just before sunset the other day and I took a few pictures with my phone. It was so beautiful out. The photos look like pictures of paintings.




I'd like to think that I'm getting into a routine. It's been about 6-weeks with the new gig and while I've put away my Australia laundry, I now have Dominican Republic laundry to do and I need to do that fast before I add Williamsburg laundry to that pile. Which by the way Dad, I think my dryer is broken. Come have a look. And while you're at it:
-My mattress hurts my back. A lot.
-I need you to call Comcast and threaten them for me.
-And how do you clean stainless steel?

I really need some outdoor time. I feel homesick for somewhere I've never lived. Somewhere with lots of space. I want countryside and hills. I want Kentucky. Oh! Or Virginia!

I think I need some Big Lu time. Look how scattered my thoughts are.
I'm usually so calm.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...