Monday, April 16, 2018

Pips n' Lu - A Cuddlesome Two


I know I just mentioned my posting peeve and all but I want to tell you more about Pippa. She's the greatest! A little while after we had been living together and her fuzzy sheen wore off I realized that she brings nothing to the table. I wondered if I am a monster or if Pippa was just an animal that is now forced to exist in my home. "What are you going to do for me?", I asked her one day as I poured pricey dog cereal into a stainless steel bowl. The racket is not nice for my ears. She looked up at me, ignoring my question, and silently commented that she's tired of the same crappin' dog cereal. At least, that's what I think she was saying. A few weeks after these selfish thoughts, we jumped another valance and I can't get enough of her. We're kind of in love and though I have lots to accomplish in a day, she's free as bird and is ready and waiting for our next activity together.


Pippa is up for anything anytime. If you want to rest, she'll nap. If you want to go outside, she'll romp around. If you want to play, boy will she play. She's got heaps of energy. There has yet to be a moment where she has opted out of an activity. She is very fast and loves to run and outrun and chase people, dogs, and squirrels. She also chased Bobo one day, caught him, and then let out a piercing shriek. Bobo scratched her right between the eyes and she's been a little more cautious around cats since then. But for all this high-speed, brazen living, she's a skittish mama's-girl and tends to be somewhere close to my knees if anything is unfamiliar. She likes to sit in my lap during down time and enjoys sleeping in a lumpy pile on top of my legs or chest or head. Her elbows dig into my side as she tries to curl closer and closer into my bones. She hurts a lot and sometimes she stomps on me in a effort to make herself more comfortable. If I'm sitting in a chair, she is on me. If I'm laying in bed, she's curled up between my knees. She watches me eat, shower, type, and clean and then looks all heartbroken when I leave her home to run errands.




Oh but there's more. She let's me sleep-in but she can tell if I'm sleeping or just laying in bed and she's less tolerant with laying. She paces around the bed and clickety-clacks her little nails on the floor so I'll get up. She likes to bark at joggers and play-attack other dogs (I make lots of apologies to other dog-owners now) and even though there's an entire empty house available, she sits at my desk with me while I work. I started to take a picture with her in my chair every morning but I felt silly taking photos of myself. She'd never look at the camera.



Yesterday, she hurt her paw and hobbled over to me to take a look at it. My heart almost popped.
Pipsqueak still doesn't bring anything to the table. She's expensive and exhausting and has ruined lots of my furniture and somehow I realize that I don't even deserve her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...