Tuesday, November 20, 2018

As Of Late

It was a year ago this week that we found this little place. So much has gone on since then.


With the grand finale that was Ari and Nate's wedding this past weekend, I'm now "off duty" until February. I haven't really had a chance yet to decompressed and go, "Oh boy, I'm done for the year!" because there are too many things going on. I reckoned I'd do a year recap type of blog post next month to actually detail all the things that went on in 2018 that I've not acknowledged on the blog space. You know I like for this to be a happy place (except for the hateful thoughts I produced back during my college sentence).

Brett prepares to leave for the day. Both pups get a floor cuddle after breakfast. 

For now I'll tell you that my house and garage are a wreck and that Brett and I have not yet worked out how to properly buy and use groceries for two. I've "elevated" (word I've been using a lot lately - not sure I like it) my Lux & U marketing tactics and with that comes lots of frustrating phone calls to Google and pretentious emails from wedding listing companies that fancy themselves more than a glorified phone book.

Brett and I have taken my new nephews to a pumpkin patch, met Ellen's latest boyfriend (we really like him), danced foolishly at Ari's wedding, eaten lots of baked goods, and had a few days where we got to leave the windows open. Brett's folks have bought a plot of land about two miles away and will be moving to James Island in June. Ellen is throwing in the towel at the lawyer's office and starting nursing school January. We think this is a good choice. Ellen is the best combination of compassionate and bossy. She'll be able to feel for the sick people and then tell them to shut up and drop their pants, or whatever sticky, humiliating things they make you do. Mom is excited to have a medical person in the family to answer our scary medical questions. I'm excited about Ellen wearing scrubs.






EisenEars hangs my new kitchen plants. 

Today is Brett and my last day of work before we leave for our honeymoon. We didn't strategically plan our trip over Thanksgiving but now that we're headed out of town, it does feel like a bit of bustle that we get to skip, though I'll admit that ole T-gives is my favorite holiday.
But I'd say we'll sure enjoy a break from the bustle.

Pippa joins me at the office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...