Monday, April 17, 2023

That's A Wrap

Ole Lux n' U had the last wedding. It started out normal, got a little finicky at the 6 week mark, and then turned out to be just a super stupid situation. Everything they paid me to provide, they also purchased and brought themselves. (Truly, what did they think they hired me for?) Also, there were more tables than they originally told me, and then I had to hang moss from a tree where there was none. "There needs to be moss there," she said. They must have told the wedding party that they had to stay to pack up all of the decor because the teardown was a disaster... drunk people running off with my candles and vases. I had to get rude with some people who couldn't understand that some of the decor belonged to the florist they paid to decorate. Brett had to run loads to and from the car while I swatted at people and took my belongings out of their bags. It was like trying to eat french fries near a flock of seagulls. I got so mad... and then it started to dump rain. 

What a stupid wedding. See, I get to say these things now because there's no business left to sue. Go ahead, send me an angry email, you entitled nitwits!! But really, imagine having to go through life so confused and disorganized. It gave me a hint of understanding about the people that just finally fall apart and have a public meltdown. I suppose everything really is just too hard for them.

We took Ellie and Caroline out to celebrate the end of a good chapter and the beginning of one that still needs to be written. We know it's the "justice and advocacy" chapter, but we don't know how it goes yet. 


Last week, Mama and Papa U got their hands on a Folly house so they packed it up and hunkered down in the sun with a revolving door of supporting cast members throughout the week. Little Liv and Nick thoroughly enjoyed their time at the beach, as did a collection of aunts and tiny nephew cousins. (What am I to Owen and Ethan. An aunty cousin?) Due to the Stupid Wedding, I only got to pop in for one day but it sure was a good one. I got there real early to have coffee and a beach walk with Big Mama. Then came Ellen and Lee n' tikes, followed by aunt Georgia. We sat in the sand awhile and then sat on the porch. Georgie and I took a nap (not together) and when we woke up, The Bartons had departed. In came Aunt Carolyn with a big pitcher of Sangria. A few hours later, Margie arrived with her two squirts and then Brett and Erik showed up with cheese and crackers. Dad ordered some big wet pizzas and then we all played Pig until bedtime. 


You can't begin to imagine how difficult it was to get a normal picture of these three. 

This one's no good either but it still counts as a good memory.

Final projects are due for school this week (I haven't started yet) and I have a really big pile of wedding decor to decide what to do with. That's all I know so far. 

Day 1.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...