Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Big Lu's Angry Phase

I went through one angry stage when I was in high school and it was so mild I'm not sure anyone else noticed. My being angry consisted of listening to 70's rock music and brooding up in my happy yellow bedroom. I wasn't actually angry. I was put out about being stuck in high school when there was so much world to be discovered. See, I've always been this way. Then when I realized I had to choose a college instead of a country, I increased my use of eyeliner and learned to perfectly mimic Lou Reed. It was difficult for me to remember that I was "angry." My love for happy things and flowers and big smiles always threw me off, leaving me delighted to hear about the fun times other kids would have and only remembering to sulk when I got home and had nothing to do.

Big Lu's Angry Phase lasted but a few months. I made an unexpected shift from rock and roll to acoustic folk and found myself more interested in mountains than a grungy underground life that would have never suited my delight for sunshine. I was just so over high school. (Read that last sentence like a valley girl please.)

I found this picture and thought of seventeen year old Laura. Angry Lu was probably as convincing as these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...