Monday, August 10, 2015

We're Back


and we're really tired. We keep waking up at two and three in the morning and glomming through our days with one eye open. Tomorrow I start my new gig and while I'm not nervous about the job, I'm very nervous that I'll be devastatingly tired. The kind of tired that makes you want to give up and cry.

We had an interesting vacation. I use the word interesting because I don't think any of us would classify this trip with all the others. It was like a business trip or perhaps doing research for a documentary type film. It can be described as highly enjoyable, factual observations that left you truly exhausted and temporarily deaf in one ear.
I'll tell you all about it soon.

The main hurdle will be getting my photos out of my camera. My computer is 100% out of storage space so the pictures are trapped on my little camera disk. I've got to go through the 15,000 (that's right) photos that I have on my trusty laptop and throw out the ones no one wants to look at (about 14,900 of them). It will take me some time.
It will also take me some time to organize my trip notes. I wouldn't dare make you endure a day by day report so I need to break it into noteworthy sections.

But also you know, I just have a lot on my mind right now. Going new places does that to you. But I've really got to get my head together for my first week trying to impress a new employer and also unpacking and paying bills. Oh and Jared is coming on Wednesday!

So hold your breath! It's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...