Monday, February 13, 2017

A Trio of Unposted Posts

I would have liked to have finished two posts by now, this month. I’ve started a number of them but they either felt ranty, pointless, or horn tooty. It’s hard to write about yourself without it feeling like you’re only interested in writing about yourself. Sometimes I start posts with no real intentions and I watch where they go. Other times I get going on some thought that makes a hard left out of no where and before I know it, my post on the off-putting side effects of sitting on wicker furniture for too long turns into a dissertation on human kind and all the things I hate about us, and our wicker furniture.

For now I’ll tell you this. I had three posts in the works. One was about personality types and though I typically prefer self-deprecation, I wasn’t going to let slide the fact that my scientifically approved personality type is the most highly intuitive of all the types. I figured I’d work that in for all the folks that think they can pull one over on Big Lu. But then I re-googled some facts and read that only 1% of humans have my personality type. On the one hand, that explains so much of my weirdness. On the other hand, as a highly intuitive person, I see how easily my blabbering on about my own rarity (if you will) could be misconstrued to sound as though being a part of that 1% is as great as Bill Gates would have you think. You see, I’m too intuitive to believe there is a limit to special people. I’m no one you haven’t met before and the 99% of other people with all their personality types have their own breed of strangeness to carry with them. So anyway, I bagged that accidentally elitist post.

I wrote another post about mental growth and change - a topic I know little about. I argued that there is too much focus on “reaching your potential” when we’re all relatively inconsequential. That sounds like the Laura you know, doesn’t it? Well shows how intuitive you are. I argue my own argument with big thoughts. I thought about growth by nature of experience. Old lions are better hunters than young ones. They weren’t seeking growth or wisdom like humans do. They just acquire it over time and do their best to show other lions. Humans are capable of utilizing that wisdom, spreading knowledge, offering new ideas, but how far can that really go? Humans can’t teach humans the meaning of life. We can only show younger ones the best and worst ways to maneuver through it. You cannot understand the dangers of a hot stove until you’ve put your hand on it. Children can’t be born with the knowledge of a full lifetime. Then they’d miss out on being children and that’s where hope comes from. Humans without hope don’t move forward. Why does it matter if you move forward? It doesn’t. So that post looped around to start again and I couldn’t get it out of the vicious cycle. So I bagged that one too.

The third post was about all the little things that went wrong a few weekends ago when I did my first true Lux wedding. I’ll still write this tale for indeed it will make you laugh but frankly, I haven’t gotten around to polishing that one just yet because I’ve been awfully busy and it takes more time to tell a story right than it does to ramble about the 1% and the worthlessness or wonders of human capabilities. So I bagged posting that post because I lack the mental discipline required to accomplish that feat. 

So let's see. Where does that leave us? 
There was a grand reunion of sorts here...


I've got my first ever Lux ad in a real live magazine...


At the end of last month I partook in a gardening workshop that got me all excited about having a yard one day. Oh the veggies I'll grow.


I had 80 feet of garland snaking through my home for a few days while it fluffed up after being shipped here in a surprisingly small box. Taylor liked that our house felt like a jungle. She misses the garland.


Lastly, here is a collection of white American faces watching some big "important" football game. 


Don't they look thrilled? Chris was silent as he watched his beloved Patriots drag behind. He even left the room at one point to blow off some steam. I felt bad for him and sad for losers in general but then those Patriots won that dern game and he wouldn't let us hear the end of it.
Last time I feel bad for Chris Villard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...