Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Y'ellow There


Boy this month has been very busy. Here I was, all bright eyed with my rekindled motivation for my blog space and I’ve been swamped with work. Isn’t that funny? Laura. Swamped. Ha!

But really. It took nine days after washing my laundry to have time to fold and hang things. I had a clothes pile for nine days. I don’t like that one bit. I’ve been dong lots of wedding scheming see. I spend my mornings emailing brides and working out clever ways to save them money because the wedding industry will really stick it to you. Sometimes there is nothing I can do to save money for a bride and sometimes you meet a bride that wants the whole world of flowers and décor at her wedding and she only has $500. Those are tough, dream-crushing kind of days. Last week I met a bride who is a dream come true and also a bride who seems wholly unconcerned about her flowers either way. It’s a smorgasbords of personalities, ideas, and budgets and sometimes I forgot who is who.
I also made my first big business blunder and emailed 300 potential clients without blind copying them on the email. This means all 300 people could see the other 300 people I emailed, making all of them feel very insignificant and making a few of them send snarky emails back to me as though I did it on purpose. I felt icky for an entire day and giggled awkwardly to cover it up. I won’t do that again.  

There’s little for me to report about Home Time Things as I haven’t seen much of my family in the last two weeks due to the aforementioned busy factor. As for me, well I enrolled in and attended my first beekeeping class, ran out of time to plant the seeds I got from my gardening workshop, cooked an Indian dinner (Indian food, not dinner for an Indian), had a quick visit with Louie, drove lots of flowers all over town, moved to the next level of banjo pickin’, finished a really great book, ate six glazed donuts in an embarrassingly small time frame, sorted papers with Dad to file my first business taxes, and met with multiple brides in multiple Starbucks in the same day and almost fainted from all the caffeine.
Also, were having the best Springtime weather which means I’ve got my annual bout of Spring Fever which means I’ve been looking at airline flights to places I’m too scared to visit on my own but it’s good fun to pretend. I’m going to wrap up this uninformative post because I have two appointments today and the first is one hour from now and I have not showered or had lunch... in three days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...