Monday, February 19, 2018

A Busy Winter

Pippa is skeptical of my definition of "going somewhere fun."

It’s coming to the end of my off-season and I am not surprised to report that I accomplished very few personal tasks and instead I emailed brides, did some manual labor, and spent my downtime looking at furniture that I’m too sensible to purchase. Brett and I also started to watch Breaking Bad, which is quite the exciting TV show. I also went to a ballet class with my friend Chelsea, had a few small dinner parties, started a one month booty workout that I completely forgot about after week three (just slipped my mind entirely), went to a few good shows, and started a Goodwill pile that is a sight to see.

So I’ve been busy not bettering myself in an effort to better myself better, later. Really I’ve fallen way off of my writing bandwagon. It could be many things. I have a routine now, which is a real creativity stifler, I feel I’ve written all the good stories I have to tell, I haven’t gotten out and done any strange things that might result in more stories, and lastly, I realized it really was time to do something with my stories so that made Inner-Laura pack up and run off.

Pippa takes her first selfie.

As for those other folks, Ellen and Dad are leaving on Thursday for a quick jaunt to Burma. Dad will be installing electricity into the orphanage he built and Ellen is going to work with the children that live there. We were all quite surprised that Ellen wanted to come along and we imagine this will be a very good experience for Princess Black Cloud. Little slice of humble pie. I’m excited for them but also very nervous. I’m particularly worried about Ellen turning on the idea when she sees the dirt and bugs and lack of wifi. Chris Union doesn’t do bad attitudes.
Big Mama has been tending to various “old folk” and making me laugh with her perpetually outraged disposition. She “can’t believe” lots of things and it’s good fun to watch her experience life.  Last week I went over for coffee one morning and we chatted until 11:00. I asked her what she was going to do today and she said, “It’s 11:00, the day is basically over!” and then we laughed and laughed at ourselves. We always think of the Seinfeld episode where George is upset because he has an appointment at 2:30 in the afternoon. “That’s my whole day!” he shouts. Do you ever feel that way?

In "Crew" news, Erik moved out, Nate moved in, there's a new dog, a new girlfriend, a new trashcan (that is new-dog-proof), and a shortage of time for all of us to get together. 
Busy times for The Crew.

We celebrate Erik's move-in day.

1 comment:

  1. I binged watched the whole Breaking Bad series. I think one saturday, I watched an entire season. have fun. btw, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...