Sunday, March 31, 2019

Golden Hour

Boy oh boy things are pretty around here. I've had a fortuitous break in the wedding weekends right here at the peak of Spring giddiness. It's the perfect combination of sunny and warmish. It's been very grey and coolish and I don't like that.
Except for a few emails, I took most last week off from my flower duties and I sat on the back porch and read. I've planted some plants, potted some ferns, begun an experiment with some climbing hydrangeas, cooked a few exciting ethnic suppers, and woken up Brett in the night due to my own uncontrollable laughter. Sometimes while I'm trying go to sleep, I think funny things and have to try really hard to not laugh so that I don't wake up Biggins. Prior to getting married, I'd let out those hearty guffaws for I had no one to startle except myself. Now I have to withhold those giggles and it results in full-body convulsions that grow larger and more dramatic the longer it goes on. Eventually my suppressed giggles will shake Brett awake and he says it's like sleeping next to a paint mixer.

In the evenings, we've taken to batting tennis balls through the yard for the girls to chase or we'll play a net-less tennis match with each other and the first one who lets a pup get to the ball first is the night's Big Loser. It's usually me. On Friday, the light was so pretty and the Dogwoods so white, I just had to whip out the camera.












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...