Monday, March 25, 2019

The Spring Collection

This afternoon Big Nanny U is having surgery on her torn meniscus. After the battle of marital stubbornness, Mom went for that MRI, found out her meniscus is torn, and then couldn’t get home fast enough to rub it in Dad’s face. She’s so happy about this injury she can’t stand it.
Dad has had little to say about it and is instead focusing his negativity towards her recovery time. Admittedly, she can be an ornery patient.

We’ve done some additional Hayden- Jenny celebrating. Susan and Clint had the Crew over for a celebratory supper where we taught Brett’s folks how to play Pig and the charms of that game were stunted for Susan by Erik’s ability to add numbers faster than everyone else at the table. I find it to be a helpful feature. I just roll the dice and wait for Erik to spit out a number, but eventually he saw through me and stopped doing my math for me.




  
Brett and I had some of our favorites, Ellie and Caroline, over for supper and when I pulled out my phone to take a picture, Ellie wordlessly posed like this to make our dinner party seem especially great. That’s a true friend.


I snapped this quick photo of Ellen’s new boyfriend while he seduced us with song at Family Dinner. Ellen’s expression is the best part of the whole picture. We all really like Lee. He's chatty and silly and polite. Ellen has been bringing him around to Sunday Dinner for the last several weeks and while were worried it's going to scare him off, I also imagine that he'd wholeheartedly jump into our wig collection. The Passing of The Afro ritual is looming in the near future.


Here’s one of my new nephews wearing a Lebanese flag in honor of Aunt Lu. (Actually some other Lebanese friend gave it to him, but I like to pretend he loves me.)


This past weekend, we held the inaugural dock day with the Terrible Trio. Buddy, Grace, and Pip lost all composure on this long awaited day of fun. They were obnoxious and mean and I wasn’t very proud of them by the time it was all over. Buddy’s boisterous howling was out of control. Grace utilized the lack of traction in water by choosing to try to drown Pippa anytime Pip left the security of dry land. Though Pippa is a faster swimmer, Grace’s resentment runs deep and she fully devoted herself to bullying. Pippa wasn’t having it. 




Brett and I ran interference and when we finally got home, those girls sacked out instantly. They barely budged all night. Even the lure of suppertime held no weight against their tired limbs and depleted sprits.




It makes my whole night when Pip’s mouth falls open while she’s sleeping.


I've completed my first three weddings of the Spring season, started booking for 2020, and opted to turn down a bride who signed off all of her emails with "Thanksa."

Brett has enrolled in some improv comedy classes (actually Erik enrolled him as a wedding gift) and he conned Jeff into joining him, so every Monday night The Eisenhauer boys have been slinging cheap shots and acting out their silliest imaginings. There's an improv show that all of the students perform in after the final class in April and Brett only feels unmitigated dread about it. He loves the classes but hates the thought of performing for a crowd. The final show is by invite only and Brett won't let me tell anyone when it is. I understand his feelings and also get nervous thinking about it. We're both going to be sweaty messes that day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...