Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A Quick Photo Update

Here's a picture of Brett and Jeff looking like a gay couple.


And here's a picture of Brett and Jeff performing some improv comedy last week... as gay lawyers in the midst of a lover's quarrel. I'm sure it's nothing to read into.


Last week was the big comedy showpiece and Brett and Jeff stole the show. Jeff has a creative and silly brain while Brett is quick-witted and animated. The teacher intentionally never paired them up (on account of a pair of brothers having a natural back and forth) but he put them together during the show and it was the best skit of the night. I was a sweaty mess and even dressed according to the confidence I had in my ability to become damp and clammy. Brett also brought a second shirt with him. We're a real muggy pair. But he did great! And I was so proud! And afterwards we went to dinner with 10 friends and ate BBQ to burn off the high.

Here we have Scenes From Home: A Study of Brett and Pip.





Sometimes I wonder if people think I don't love Grace because she's rarely in stories or photos. So I'd like to add now for the record, that I think Grace is wonderful. She's just anti-social and is usually off somewhere by herself, thinking about the Human Condition. Pippa, on the other hand, places herself in your path so you don't have the option to live life without her. It's less that I don't tell stories about Grace and more that Pippa brings stories to me.

Since the warm weather, Bubbs and I have been doing lots of yard work. Most of the time, I work until I get sleepy and then I tell Brett we should pack up for the day and take a nap. He'll always say an encouraging, "Ok. I'll be right behind you." and then I wake up hours later and he's knee deep into a project I didn't even know he had on the docket. Most recently, we elected to dig up and level out an old, overgrown flower bed from homeowners past. We dug and we tore. We sweat and we panted. Hours passed by in the warm Spring air. I dug up old daffodil bulbs and planted them elsewhere in the yard. Brett dug up old pavers and made a mosaic walking path. We were being so productive that I thought to document our stamina. But then Brett's shovel collided with a hunk of metal and we both looked at each other and then the dirt. We unearthed some valves and nozzles and then Brett broke off a skinny pipe and then we suddenly smelled gas. "Eh crap." he said.

We called Dad who came right over, delighted by a potential disaster. Dad offered his thoughts, shrugged, and then went home to take a nap. I suggested we also go in and take a nap. Brett called SCE&G who came over, took a quick gander and said, "Can't do nuthin' about that son. That's propane. You gon havta hire somebody to dig that sucker out."

So we put up our tools and came inside for a nap.


As for the flower business, I had a break in weddings there for a minute but am back, hot on the trail. I've been doing some big-time shop maintenance on account of flower bits and stumps that fling away from my clippers and then roll up under the counters and then begin the decaying process. You can't find those little squirts unit they're almost in a liquid state.


Brett has started building us an enormous compost bin for my heaps of flower clippings. After each wedding I've got a big pile of "organic matter" that needs somewhere to die and I've just been piling it up along our fence. And boy is it an impressive pile.


This week Brett has a doozie of a project due and yesterday, one of his bosses put in his two weeks, so a lot of that guy's work will fall onto Brett's desk. "Eh crap" he said. 
I've got a Bowens Island wedding on Saturday and I'm fairly confident that my floral order didn't go all the way through but I won't find out until Thursday, so I'm preparing for a mad-dash flower scavenger hunt at the end of this week. I'll keep you posted. 
In the meantime, enjoy this picture of Bobo in a basket.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...