Friday, April 26, 2019

Trailing Flower Thoughts

In an effort to keep up with my sidebar numbers game (have you noticed I'm going for five post each month?) I'm going to do a cop-out post about flower things because I'm actually quite busy today, preparing luscious blooms for tomorrow's wedding. In case you were wondering, my flowers did come in yesterday and I can't really complain about it because overall I feel relief, but some of it doesn't look like it's going to make it through the big day so I've got to run out and buy a little extra today. I will accompany todays' thoughts with pairs of photos from some pretty weddings I got to be a part of.




That gorgeous bride up there with the feathers in her bouquet, well she's an archeologist and about two months before her wedding, her job moved her to Edinburg, Scotland. She's pretty much the coolest. And she writes emails like Shakespearean sonnets.



You know what I hate? I hate when brides send me photos of flowers they like and what they like about the flowers are the colors except that the photo has been edited by the photographer and the colors they're seeing aren't what the flowers look like in real life. That's something people don't think about. Then I'm left to find flowers in the perfect shade of photoshopped lilac. I always suggest "accenting" their ideal color schemes with what I know the real colors will be, that way they won't be shocked and appalled when their "silver" bouquet shows up grey. It doesn't always work. That's when I whip out the spray paint. (I'm giving away top secret florist business.)



I spray painted some of the flowers in that red bouquet up there, but I'll never tell which ones. I toot my own horn about my realistic flower spray painting - except that I can't tell anyone when I've done that. So it's a little personal toot. As all toots should be. 
Even though I have the best fake job ever and in return I get sent pretty photos like these, sometimes I wonder how long I'll get away with this. And what's next? Have things leveled out and I'll just keep chugging along or will I come up with some kind of genius wedding innovation and that'll be what I work on for a while? 



Today I've got to work out how to make fluffy bridesmaid's bouquet using only a few kinds of linear greenery. There aint nothing fluffy about linear greens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...