Tuesday, October 20, 2020

September

Can you believe I'm just now getting to my September overview? All of my October weddings stayed put so I've been busy doing actual work. 

Ah September, a celebratory month. Hayden, Mom, Lee, Jeff, and Ellen all have birthdays in this month. Admittedly Brett and I were burnt out on birthdays by the end of it. So there was cake and a beach house HonBon hybrid. Brett took Jeff to Charlotte for a semi-surprise 40th birthday in their hometown. Pippa left and came home again, my gay friends got married, and we invented some tasty suppers. 

September in Photos:

Got my hands on the prettiest dahlias for Mom's birthday. I'm still thinking about them.

We managed to have a few Sunday dinners.




Liv pretends to like me and then turns on our friendship. This week she's on my bad list.


We've continued "discovery" game nights with Alex and Jessie. The pickin's ain't slim when it comes to the game stash. Jessie has a bountiful source: a cousin up north that sends her new, complicated games every year. They are in-depth, complex, and usually take us almost an hour to setup and understand before we can play. And by us I mean Jessie. The rest of us chat and snack while she works out the complicated matters for us. Once we get going, they're always much more exhilarating than your average board game.


For Ellie and Caroline's wedding I took it upon myself to make some grounded aisle markers because I've been wanting to for about a year but brides never want the extra expense. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. 


We had a Leisure Club meeting at Carolyn's house. She made a beautiful lunch with dessert and a special lemonade. We ate and discussed trip options before realizing all of our schemes were for naught. I just think Ellen looks so beautiful in this photo.

Big Guy and I went out to eat for the first time since June. We had lunch and felt like wild, carefree teenagers. This coming Friday he has his PE exam up in Columbia. This is the final week for studying and he has just about thrown in the towel. He says he feels more confident now than he did as he headed in the first time but he's never so confident to suggest that he'll pass. I love a guy that puts himself down. 


And finally, we went for a last kayak ride - farewell to Bob's house vigil. That place is on to the next family of grandfolks and little tikes and pet cats and what not. We all hate to see it go. 
It's a magical place you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...