Sunday, February 28, 2021

Month Two

I had a phone-negligent February and I loved it. I put in minimal effort on my business Instagram, ignored snapping photos of everyday actions, and stopped texting friends. That last one is only kind of true. My conclusion is, I hate the phone.

I also started and completed a 21-day exercise regimen. That's probably a record. Because I was spending most of my time writing stories and flailing around for health purposes, I don't have much of a February report. It was hunker-down-and-meet-goals time and since that's a new concept for me, I wasn't sure how to balance my self-appointed responsibilities with my whims. I spent the month exercising my brain and my flat fanny. 
It was Foolish Fables and Flat Fanny February.

Brett continues to work from home most days and exercise in the garage most evenings. He's become addicted to sparkling water, started reading about five different books at the same time, and taken to watching construction tutorial videos on Youtube. We walk the pups and watch movies and cook dinners with strange spices to see if we stumble upon greatness. The other day I had him make up a spice blend for a pork tenderloin while blindfolded and his giggles were contagious. 


Nate and Ari joined us for a walk to Secret Beach.

Ellen and Lee moved into their brand new old house just around the corner from Brett and me. It is a six minute walk at a leisurely pace and this makes me very excited. The house is bright and airy and spacious and yes, Aunt Georgia, I'll take pictures soon. Olivia and Stono are adjusting to their new digs and Liv has started walking like a tiny drunk so the baby-proofing is on the way. 

Mom and Dad spent the bulk of this month helping Ellen move and get settled. Lee still can't pick up heavy things so it was a family effort to get furniture and appliances in-place. Ellen and I tiled the kitchen blackspash while Dad built a giant deck and Mom strategized color schemes, curtains, and rugs. It's a happy space on a quiet street and we've found ourselves gathering there just because. 

Pippa inserts herself into any and all activities. 

Right there at the end of the month we ventured off for a HonBon visit but I'll give them their own post. 
Having my head buried work things has resulted a lackluster month recap post and for that I do apologize.
I'm approximately two weeks away from finishing my book and three weeks away from my first wedding of the year. Things will pick up. 

Meanwhile, enjoy these oldies Mom found.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...