Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Livvy

Yesterday was Olivia's first birthday. She carried on as usual but she also got to have a little cake. In my mind, Liv should be at least six by now. Ages have passed and the little goblin can't even walk or say hello. 
Waiting for self-sufficiency is completely exhausting. She also doesn't prefer me to her mother or grandmother, which really burns me up. They're always busy cooing at how cute she is but I'm the only one working to instill life lessons. She should appreciate me more. 


Olivia is a serious little munchkin. She maintains a stone-faced expression except when Lee comes around. She laughs at Lee. Little sober Olivia will stare into your soul and then snap out of it seemingly appalled by what she found in there. Attempts to make her smile or to delight her little spirit are lost on her pint-size faced and instead she reads you for ulterior motives. 

A year with an adjunct baby has taught me how not necessarily cuddly they are. Liv does not like to be held. She is in exploration mode and must break free of any love-based shackles. She scoots around and stands up and then her tiny knees ooze back into a bend and she plops down on the floor and darts off towards the dog bowl or the harsh chemicals under the kitchen sink. 


Despite my best attempts, Olivia is unimpressed with me. She is suspicious and contemplative. She must be able to sense bumbling goobers. My need to be liked by everyone has come to standstill. Forget those other people. What do you mean I'm not her favorite?  She has made me bitter, you see. How am I supposed to live with this one-sided love.

Facts about Olivia

- Enjoys Cheerios and books about aquatic animals
- Is completely unburdened by bulky outfits and costumes
- Is afraid of Uncle Brett's long hair
- Loves dogs
- Hates the car seat

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...