Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Month 3 - In Photos

March was a big, busy month and I have lots of bad phone photos to share. I do feel that I've spent the last few weeks in a home bubble, not really visiting with my family expect for Sunday dinners and babysitting my little stoic niece. I've loved being able to walk to Ellen and Lee's place, and do so at least a few times each week. Ellen shows up at my house and we walk over to the park to push Olivia in the swing. It feels very adult and parenty. I think I'm just about to win Livvy over. I spent a whole day with her while Ellen and Lee were out and she let me make her laugh and AND she came over to me and lifted up her stubby arms. That's baby language for "Pick me up, you comforting love of mine." She's never asked me to pick her up before. 

Bubbles and I welcomed the nice weather with a coffee picnic in the park. We took the girls with us to continue their practice of watching other humans and dogs walk by without sounding off alarming barks. It went well, actually. They're becoming wise with age and the ever-present threat of voltage to the neck.




We've done some big yard work. We've laid sod, planted old things, watered new things, and schemed for the upcoming Spite Garden Revival Tour.


I went on a lunch date with my beautiful mama...


... and jumped back into wedding season. I particularly loved this bouquet. 


Here is a picture of Grace that exemplifies her existence (isolated, shades drawn, uninterested in nearby activity) and a picture of Pippa, unfazed by anything I do to her. 

We've had a couple of tasty weekend brunches with Ellie and Caroline ...


... one of which resulted in my new favorite photo of EisenEars.


I also finally harassed Brett long enough that he caved and came with me to Wadmalaw to look at a property I've had my eye on for a few months. We love it. We just aren't sure about the distance from town. Are we too young to live in the boonies? Why did I have to inherit Grandma's obsession with land? Why can't I just enjoy scrapbooking and making popcorn garlands? I can't afford this hobby.


Unrelated, I finished my book!


And finally, after all this time, Hayden and Jenny had their wedding. They kept their original date and got married in their backyard last April. They postponed the wedding celebration to October of last year and then moved it again to March of this year. They were excited to party and maybe even a little more excited just to finally have it done. 


This is the only picture the two of them that I have and boy oh boy do I hope to get my hands on more. It was a beautiful party with glittery candles and cascading greenery. The people watching was top notch. People slipped on the dance floor, tumbled into bushes, one woman's dress ripped, etc. 
What's not to love?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...