Wednesday, November 24, 2021

A Rambly Old Time Post

Remember those blog posts I'd do where I had a bunch of random photos and a bunch of random statements, and that's all I'd give you? I was rooting around in my computer for a recipe I saved and I wound up on a photo album bender. I came up on lots of sweet moments but I'm just going to share a few. 

Most importantly, this one of my beautiful mama.


And here's a tiny montage of Ellen whilst traveling. 




It's hard to get her to participate. 

Finally, I found this one of the day I met Liv, and it shocked me to remember how small she was. She's a big, bossy, bruiser now.


While on the topic of Ellen and babies, she and Nick are happy and healthy and he's started kicking her when she eats supper. It seems he already really likes ice cream. I think we're 10 weeks from his scheduled debut. Seeing as Ellen exploded the last time, the doctors are taking Nick early via another c-section. Ellen is thrilled about it because she gets to be pregnant approximately two weeks less than expected. (She's always in a rush.) Mom and I are getting ready to prepare Liv's Big Girl Room since Nick will be taking over the nursery. We haven't settled on what murals to paint in their little rooms this time around.

EisenEars and I are still mulling over our big adventure plans but we've gots lots of fun thought pots on the stove. #vanlife (Brett has been saying that a lot lately.) Yesterday brother Jeff came over and gave us a presentation on joining the Peace Corps. We were not dissuaded. At the moment, Brett and I are both experiencing whine-worthy back pain and neither of us feels compelled to move around which really puts a damper on planning to be young and free. 

This is turning into a rambly post isn't it? Like the good ole blogging days.

Let's see what else. I've been writing articles for the newspaper man, wrapping up my weddings for the year (I have one more next month), already started my holiday baking season, and have been coming up with creative ways to tackle Brett to the ground when he leasts expects it. I'm his Cato Fong.  

Our favorite friends, Alex and Jessie, have moved back up to Rochester so now we have an absence of philosophically witty people that come into our house, kick off their shoes, and then stretch out on the sofa and ask personal questions. That's my favorite thing. They're such comfy people. I went over to take photos of their house for the listing and I took this picture of their pup Sadie growling at me.

Sadie really loves Brett in particular. She does this strange little dance whenever he comes over to see her. Did I tell y'all she once spoiled our surprise visit? She caught a whiff of us somehow and did the Brett Dance and then Jessie knew we were hiding in the house. 

Anyways, the house sold in three days. So they just packed up the rest of their stuff and left. We all knew they were moving, but we also all thought we'd have more time together so it's a little bit sad. We sure will miss them. And Sadie. 

I guess I'll wrap thing up here. I'm excited about the upcoming cozy home time. Christmas trees and whatnot. Brett is making eggnog as I type this. He's supposed to be working, but tomorrow is ole T-gives, you know. That's actually my favorite holiday. We'll have a big celebratory family lunch and all be napping by 4:00. It's the perfect day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...