Sunday, June 26, 2022

Birthday Sunday

When your birthday falls on one of the more serious days of the week (Mon-Wed), it's important to begin celebrating the Big Day on the weekend prior. It helps build excitement and anticipation for exactly what it is, which is a weekday birthday. When your birthday is on one of the more futile days the week (Thurs-Fri) you get to celebrate on your actual birthday and then carry those good times on into the weekend. These are not official rules but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. 

My birthday is on Tuesday so I am currently in the midst of my birthday weekend. So yesterday, after attending a nearly 3 hour funeral, it was time to celebrate. We went to the grand opening of a new kombucha brewery, ate at a Mexican restaurant, and then came home to watch tv. That adequately sums up the celebrations of one turning 32. Today, my Birthday Sunday, I have three big plans. 

1.) I will bake decadent cookies ... to celebrate myself.
2.) I will take Buddy kayaking.
3.) I will make Dad take Brett and me to look at three houses Downtown. 

Say more about that last one. 

Well it's mostly for fun because we're celebrating me and I love houses. Brett and I recently discovered that we'd both really like to live Downtown. This sharply contrasts my alternate desire to live on vast acreage on Wadmalaw - but as long as Brett has to commute to Mt. Pleasant, we'll keep a pin in that one. We frequently take the pups Downtown and walk through the old neighborhoods and pick out the houses we like best, but somehow we never brought up actually moving Downtown. Is it because we have the biggest nicest yard and detached garage play area and the cutest house on our street? Yeah.

Somehow we stumbled upon our previously tucked away desires to live in the midst of the Charleston fun. Brett thought I wouldn't want to live down there because I constantly complain about the tourists and lack of parking. I figured he wouldn't want to move because he would have to forfeit the garage. But alas! We'd both like to live Downtown "for a few years." Somehow we agree on the timeline of it all which is shocking and fun. Do I still plan to buy land and rescue animals? Sure! Does Brett like that idea? Parts of it! Will we actually go buy a house Downtown? Probably not!

But it's my birthday weekend and there are two little dumpy houses we like, so I'm going see about seeing them today. The third house is just for funsies.

Just the most magical little big yard at Black Pig Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...