Thursday, June 30, 2022

Real Estate Weeble

Can you believe I have Covid again? Am I doing something wrong? Do you think some people just have weenie constitutions and will collect up any little Covid goobers it can find? This is my third time, just to keep you up to date, and yes, I have been vaccinated. If I was to rank my covid experiences, I'd put the first time in first place because it was certainly the worst bout of it. The second time is in third place and this current one is in second. I don't feel as bad as the first time but I feel worse than the second time. 

Anyways.


Here's a tent entrance (a "tent'rance") I did while helping a florist friend. Occasionally I get bent out of shape when working for other florists. I know it opposes the "helping a friend" concept but I don't like slaving away and then putting someone else's name on it. (You know, like working for someone.) Makes me think about the folks that come up with nifty new car designs and then Ford slaps its name on the back of the truck and the poor little artist just goes on back home to their sad-sack bungalow.

That said, I tend to love bungalows.

Speaking of which, I really shot myself in the foot with that whole, "I want to go see houses on my birthday" bit. Brett (and I) wound up really falling in love with one and that's when a real panic set in. Brett passed through the foyer, stepped into the living room and then looked at me and said, "Let's do it." He was all-in within 30 seconds.
I had the same experience (as did realtor Dad, and property management assistant Mom, who showed up just for fun) except that it was also a gleeful kind of uneasiness that washed over me as I continued through the serene, light-filled home with ceilings so high Brett looked small. I knew it was perfect, and in that same moment I discovered just how much I love our current house. I think this only happened because we could actually do this. I look at places all the time but they're either too expensive or they need a ton of work or they're too far out of town. I don't have to really consider leaving our place. This one didn't need anything (save for a crappin' bank loan). It was sturdy and clean. It had a brick fireplace in the middle of the house!

Brett and I went home and got into a tiff about what to do. Happy birthday! He wanted to do it. I wanted to do it - but I wanted to consider lots of things first. In most cities people have time to mull things over, but not here. Knowing we had to move so quickly made me freeze up.

"It's a lot of money. And a terrible time to buy," I said. 
"Well we're paying for the location and a house that I don't have to work on every weekend." Brett replied.
"It is sturdy isn't it?"
"Very."
"What about the garage? You'd have to get rid of all your tools... and the weight bench... and where will you put your drums?"
"I can get rid of those things."
"Where will I do flowers?
"You don't want to do flowers anymore."
"Yeah but I don't have another job. And the girls will have less yard."
"They're inside most of the time anyways."
"That's true. It sure is a pretty house."
"Very pretty."
"You know the floor plan isn't all that different from ours..."

This goes on into the next day and ends with the house selling on the third, presumably to another couple that had fewer hangups and less crap. I'll have you know that Brett, while disappointed, is not holding it against me but he does seem more reluctant to humor my latest find, which needs to be gutted entirely or possibly demolished BUT it's on the water... so... it's perfect. 

Can't keep me down!

Probably calling for help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...