Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wine Under the Oaks

Last Sunday was a big drunk fest at Boone Hall. Every year they set up vendor tents and wine makers come and dole out samples of their stuff to all the local wine fiends. T'was most amusing watching the people as their mental states altered slowly over time. And it was very very busy.








My  job in all of this was to convince people to buy shares of the farm thus providing them with the best of what we grow each season. Once the pushy guy who gave me this job (also the guy who took these pictures) realized that no one was interested in buying shares of a farm whilst they are drinking away their financial worries, I was sent over to cut bread and cheese for the food booth. Then I ended up doling out the food myself as all the famished drunkards would take too much for themselves. I had a number of people stand uncomfortably close to my face while they told me about their sad lives. It was most entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...