Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Away We Go


Us gals are off for a mini-vacation. It's Carolyn's Spring Break so Ellen, Mom, and I are joining her on a quick little Caribbean cruise. It's a tough life. We're leaving Friday afternoon for one week. Just enough time for those pasty folks to get a sunburn and come home. In the meantime Dad and Dave are hosting a Man Night here at the house where there will no doubt be much card playing and m'antics.

I had my last day at the Smelly Deli yesterday and while it hasn't really hit me yet, I'm very happy to put that place behind me. Oh the trouble that place has caused me. I will miss the food though and the little flowered patio. Also I was duped somehow when I informed you that I was almost done with Finn. It's not true. He's like a bad rash.


In family news, Ellen has decided to search out another profession but will continue to work for the Old Man while she sorts herself out. Dad has become put-off by eating the same dinners week after week and is now partaking in a effort to "spice up dinner time." I accompanied him to grocery store the other day and he became fixated on creating the perfect antipasto platter. He scampered around the grocery store grabbing pickled vegetables and cheeses all the while mumbling to himself about how "perfect these will be for my antipasto." He must have used the word antipasto 16 times during our search and I became tickled at how focused he was on this mission.
"Ohh! These are good for an antipasto!" he would say and then look up at me for confirmation.


I went for a windy windy walk over the big bridge. It was a little grey out when I left and it only got worse and worse before a big storm rolled in and the rain came a-pourin'. Being especially clever, I foresaw the impending doom from the top of the bridge and I hightailed it back down again just in time to avoid the downpour. I also spent all of last week house and dog sitting over at Ari's. I wanted to photograph Ari's house for you as it has always been an intriguing, art-filled residence that Lukas once described as a tribal museum. There are so many exciting breakables in her house. Sometimes I find myself stepping over the rugs because it just doesn't seem right to walk on them. As I started to do this I realized it was a little creepy and maybe even illegal. So I stopped. But if you ever get the chance to go in there, by golly you should take it!




Thus begins my week long blogging hiatus. I shall return with real photos and ridiculous tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...