Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ain't No Sprang


We seem to have gone straight from Winter to Summer. It's hot man!- though we are having some torrential Spring-like rain today. Since returning home I have been mildly productive. That's big for me. I'm contemplating life. Careers. Afternoon snacks. I've also been all alone as my folks are in San Francisco for some Dad meetings. They'll be home this evening and I couldn't be more pleased to pass off Baxter. Don't get me wrong, Buddy has been an attention-needing nuisance all week but Baxter had me contemplating running an ad in the paper. He whines ALL DAY. Mom is so good with him. I'd never noticed before. He wants meat. Not cat food. Meat. He wants the chicken you're eating. He knows there's ham in the fridge. He remembers the smoked salmon I had for lunch. He attacks me while I eat. Meanwhile Buddy stares, smiling at me from a polite distance, hoping his good behavior will result in his own meaty reward.

While I spend lots of time talking to Buddy during the day and we walk around the block at night, perhaps it's the warm weather but Buddy seems to be needing more lately. He has escaped all but one night of my Pet Patrol and barked so loudly from the Yacht Club that I had to drive over there at 2:00 am to shut him up. The clever dickens went silent the moment he heard me shouting. I couldn't find him. He hunkered down until I sped off into the night and then apparently decided to race me home. There he was, at the end of the dock when I got back. Covered in mud from head to tail.

We finally got some dock time and found that it's really taken a beating this Winter. I see a Daddy/Daughter project in my future.
How much have you missed this view?









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...