Monday, September 22, 2014

A Bunch of New Stuff

Such a charming aunt I write this blog for, isn't she? All manners and support.
Unbeknownst to you, AUNT GEORGIA, I was in the room when Mom was reading the delightful email you sent her the other day. I will publish here the harsh and ungrateful demands I cater to, month after month.

Georgia writes: ...and where are my photos of all the new homes???? It's not like the photographer has a "real" job or anything. When I get home next Tuesday, I expect a bunch of new stuff. 

Y'all see. See what I'm working with here. Do you know how much time it takes me to concoct, write-up, take pictures for, and then polish off these posts? Hmm? Fine, it's not that much time BUT I am trying to do it in-between moments of real life, so.

The reasons you don't have pictures yet, GEORGIA, are many. To start, I've been working on my own house, materializing various resumes, making escape plans, and wallowing in self-pity. It's kept me busy. Secondly, Ellen's new place is a half-hour drive through traffic infested highways and I'd rather not go out there unless I have errands to run in that vicinity. Third, I was forbidden photo documentation of the home by both the new owner and her mother until pictures were hung and plastic plants were placed. And finally, GEORGIA, on the few occasions that I had an hour to dedicate to traffic, neither one of the two happy homemakers were home.

So fine Georgie, rather than artfully moving through the Villard residence, capturing elegant details illuminated by the evening sun, I took crime-scene pictures, quickly and purposefully, discreetly documenting rooms while Chris' parents were in town for a brief visit.

I'll shall now give you the tour of this grande abode in an "American Dream" style neighborhood waaaay up highway 61. It's a very pretty place with huge rooms and great outdoor greenery.


Downstairs you will find the dining room, kitchen, and living room. There is also a garage, a porch, and grandiose laundry room that I felt myself oddly envious of. Yeah yeah, more pictures later.







Moving up the stairs is Chris and Ellen's gargantuan master suite which they do not have enough furniture to fill. Attached to their bathroom is a closet big enough to do a cartwheel in, though it was too dark for a picture and someone was shouting that dinner was ready.




On the other side of the stairway are three more bedrooms. One of which I did not photograph because Claude and Cookie's things were in there and it made me feel creepy. The third bedroom has been transformed into Chris' Man Cave or "the naked room" as Dad insists it should be. I really like the Man Cave. It's full of sports memorabilia and the worlds most comfortable sofa. It also has a balcony that looks over the front yard. This way Ellen can stand outside, throw rocks at the window, and then sing love ballads to Chris, who gazes down lovingly with a flower tucked behind his ear.



 Our Sunday night dinners now have to rotate from home to home. Even my home has been thrown into the rotation though this will happen sparingly because I can only afford four dinner chairs. Overtime you will see more photos of the Villard home and all the furry creatures that live there. And the pets too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...