Monday, September 1, 2014

Montelle Vineyards

After our sense-tickling jaunt through prison, Mom and I barreled to St. Louis where we visited Montelle Vineyards. I'd never heard of wine coming from the Mid-West, let alone just outside of a big dirty city. But gosh! There were tons of vineyards all over the place.

We drove down the prettiest windy road through a tiny, all-american town and climbed up a hill to find the entrance to the winery. There was only one other couple visiting the place and they left shortly after we got there. A spunky man name Bill told us all about the vineyard and the different grapes they grow. Who knew Missouri had a grape grown' climate?



I've never thought about Missouri twice in my life. I associated it with northern, industrial, grey places. I never imagined it being lush and green and kind of cute. 
Mom and I wandered a bit and entertained Bill and his co-worker with our simple giggles. The place was so lovely. The pictures don't do it justice.




Completely off topic, I forgot to mention that while driving through Utah my car was hit by a tumbleweed. A real western tumbleweed. I saw it coming. I watched it blow across the open, sandy plain and up onto the empty highway just in time to slam into the side of my car. It made quite a thunk. 

I'm all out of order aren't I? 
Let me straighten things out. I had my scary nights sleep in Oregon and then a night in Boise. I met Mom in Salt Lake and we drove to Ft. Collins to visit some cousins. I really liked Ft. Collins, though what's not to like about Colorado. We had a fun dinner with our family and then fell right to sleep in Aunt Barbara's mausoleum/antique store house.
Then there was prison, a night in Kansas where Mom knocked herself out with a carb-y dinner, and then the vineyard. 

There we go. Back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...