Saturday, June 13, 2015

HouseSitting


This past week I stayed at Ari's parent's house while they were off galavanting somewhere tropical. I was on Scout duty as well as watering plants and keeping that cantankerous bird alive. I'd like to report that all of the aforementioned made it through the week unscathed except for one pretty green leaf in a large blue pot of other grandiose greenery. I suspect that this particular leaf died from natural causes and not because I neglected it or let its soil get too dry. Because I didn't.
This morning I tried to rip this big dead leaf out of the pot as it is an eye-sore and also the first big green leaf you see when you walk in. I thought, "This makes me look like a sorry House Sitter." and so I tried to cover my tracks but that big green leaf has a high quality root system down in that big blue bowl and I couldn't for the life of me pull it out. Ari's parents are going to see it and assume that I didn't water the plants like they told me to.


Anyways, in their note of house chores for me was "#3. SWIM", written in all caps just like that. So swim I did. Almost everyday in fact. Lots of us utilized our chance to swim but no one looked cooler than Buddy.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...