Sunday, April 30, 2017

Action-Packed April


April has been a real doozie. It’s left me with a lot on my mind and no real thoughts on those things. Does that make sense? It’s a chunk of time where the things going on in your friend’s lives are more important or interesting than what’s going on in yours. My brain is jumping from friend to friend and all the things they have going on; good things, tough things, things that need a solution, things you saw them do that made you point and laugh.

I’m just two weddings away from finishing my spring season and I’m really excited. I learned a whole lot and still feel like a fish out of water. It seems to me that everyone in the wedding industry is just winging it. I’ve gotten excited and flattered to work with some “big wigs” in town and then I come to find out that they’re lazy and put work onto other people and don’t email you back. It’s weird to be more professional and hard-working than the people you’re supposed to look up to. Especially when you're Laura Union. So, I’m excited for summer break and I hope to have time for painting and writing and the things that really give me a thrill. I haven’t had this little Laura-time since my days with Duvall.

I’m leaving this post short and vague because I’ve got too many things to mull over but I scrolled way way back to the first pictures I took with my “new fancy camera” seven years ago. I brought it out on the dock with us the day I got it and these are still some of my favorite pictures. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...