Monday, May 8, 2017

Four Frivolous Friends

Sometimes I complain that none of my friends live in Charleston. Really I should refine that complaint. What I really mean is 'girl friends'. None of my girl friends live in Charleston. And when I say 'none' I mean 'only one'. So my complaint should be "I only have one female friend in Charleston." I have a gaggle of female acquaintances and girls I used to work with that I get really excited to run into but that's not the same as having a girl you can call and whine at without having to endure any practical solutions to your problems. Women need that in their lives.

All that said, I tend to prefer the company of men-folk as they are much easier to amuse and they do foolish things readily and without abandon. I also don't have to worry that they are sizing up my fashion choices or interested in the origins of my decisions and any personal details about my life. This way, they see me as aloof and funny and never discover that I live out my days enduring a perpetual but mannerly panic-attack.

I'm getting off topic and that last sentence isn't true but I like to pretend. This post is about my trio of dude friends and how I insert myself into their lives. You see, the four of us are in a group text conversation on our phones. We look for fun things to do, submit it to our text group, and then wait for applause for the great idea or for snarling backlash for such a dumb suggestion. Sometimes three of us say 'yes' and the fourth one is busy and then the fourth one gets left out and we point and laugh at them and send photos of all the fun they are missing.


This post was inspired by scrolling through the photos we have exchanged with each other. I amused myself for fifteen minutes and thought that I should memorialize our nonsense in my blog space.


These photos make me smile. One day we all sent "Bored at Work" photos...

            

and another day we all found out we were driving around town at the same time...

          

It's the simple things you see. But best of all is how much these guys love The Union's. They'll come over for Sunday Dinner and they'll laze on the dock, jump in the harbor, wrestle the dogs, and harass "Old Man Union" all before supper time. Then they eat and drink and shuffle cards and roll dice and shout and laugh and make lots of noise. It's become one of my all-time favorite things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...