Friday, May 31, 2019

Up Next

Since returning from our Westward adventure, we’ve completed the biggest wedding of our Spring season. I have three more next month and then I’m on break again until September. During that time, I’ll be taking over for Margie at the Realty so you can expect that I’ll be grumpy and ranty about having to abide by set working hours. I’m also finally planning to work on the heaps of Tiny House Jobs that I’ve been putting off since moving in last year. Things like repainting the front porch and installing shelves, etc. I’ve also finally come up with a landscape plan for the backyard and now it’s too hot to plant anything so mostly I gaze out at the barren yard and wish I had started a year ago. 

Brett is almost finished building the city’s biggest compost bin. The size of the thing seemed to get out of control and I had to ask Brett to shave it down so that I could see over it. Brett comes home from work and scampers straight out to the garage to tinker with tools, admire his saws, and then mull over the compost bin. Admittedly, this gets him out of my hair while I’m cooking supper so I fully condone it. He likes to cook and has a hard time relinquishing control to me when I’m cooking because he can’t pass up the chance to add strange spices to different foods. I cook a hot, healthy home-style supper. Brett cooks flavor experiences. I love Brett’s concoctions and he enjoys my comfort food, but I catch him throwing things into my pans when he thinks I’m not looking.

On the weekend mornings, he can barely wait for me to get through my coffee small-talk before he darts out into the yard to play. He comes in much later in the afternoon and he’s always stinky and damp and for some reason, his left knee is always black with caked on dirt. He thinks he’ll finish The Bin this weekend and then it’s onto adding small lights to our outside gates so we can find our house at night. We’ve driven past it on a few occasions.

Moving into June, we are expecting the arrival of three babies, two friend couples moving into their newly purchased homes, and three birthday celebrations. That’s an exciting month ahead.

I’ll leave you with this photo. All of Brett’s co-workers have photos of their wifes and kids propped up in their cubicles. He didn't want to be left out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...