Thursday, January 23, 2020

Wait Wait, Pause For a Second

I'm not sure if the restructuring was a silly notion or if I've just hit a busy patch here but I most definitely don't have time to write new stories. I started a few there at the beginning of this month when I was prioritizing different things. I sure liked the plan. The last four-ish weeks have been the most involved and dare I say "business-y" that I've experienced. I've been testing out some new marketing tactics and I reckon they're working because I've had more emails than I can get to in a day and that's a new concept for me. I also upgraded myself to a proposal writing software that would help me spit them out faster so I've been learning the new system and entering in all the information for each wedding this year. This means lots of phone call tutorials from the tech-people (they're awfully nice) and emailing myself as a tester client. It gets confusing. But I'm stoked about the new software. Boy it's exciting and has so many features I'd have never even dreamed up!
I have organized myself for a different kind of business running for this year - a restructuring, if you will - and so far it's proved to be successful. I've got more weddings just for this Spring than I normally book in a whole year. That's scary and exciting and I'm a little worried about keeping up the momentum. We've even got to move things around in the garage to make room for my growing inventory and flower ego.

So you can imagine that a low-energy, pretend business person like me has just been crapping out at the end of the day. We've also had a number of social outings taking up our weekends which is equal parts fun and tiresome. Did you know we're in a book club? And we had Brett's birthday and Ellen's baby shower and who has time to write stories about Mom putting cat crap in Dad's suitcases? Actually, I did finally, after all this time, come up with an idea for a novel.  I've written the first two pages. So there.

My point is, I just may need to restructure the restructuring until things calm down a bit and I can sit still without falling asleep. So, I'll instate a mini-restructuring for now. Still some fun writing bits here and there but also some family updates and personal rants.

So enjoy this photo of Pippa feeling so relaxed.
Her feet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...