Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Cancelled

It seems quite trite to write down my Coronavirus thoughts. This is all very strange and interesting and that hateful part of me has enjoyed scoffing at people's "inspiring" and "informative" thoughts on the topic. I'm getting emails from every irrelevant company in the country, letting me know how they plan to handle the outbreak and I'm just not sure why they think anyone is interested. I'm wondering if people feel they need to make a statement about Coronavirus just because everyone else is. Admittedly, I did dance around it in my most recent Lux Instagram post because I thought that ignoring it completely, like I wanted to do, would make me seem oblivious or insensitive, neither of which would look good for business.

You know what else is not good for business? A global virus outbreak. Everything has been cancelled through April except for one of my brides who has chosen to get married with her top 12 friends present and still wants some floral decor. I'm a free and poor woman until my May brides have to make the call. I really do feel quite sad for the folks having to decide whether or not to go to their own weddings. I was so crappin' excited to get married, calling it off when it was just a week away would have completely crushed me. Hayden and Jenny have cancelled their wedding (they're now having a tiny ceremony in two weeks and a reception in November) and two extremely exciting concerts that I had a mental countdown to get to, have been postponed. But enough about me.

Brett's big test in April has been cancelled so now he's lost his incentive to maintain his study schedule. He will have to wait until October to take it again. As of next week, he will be "working from home" which I have no intention of allowing. He will play with me and the dogs, and we will drink our coffee together on our new front porch and he can tinker in the garage. Maybe, if it's raining, I'll let him work for a few hours. I have waited for such extenuating circumstances that Brett would be trapped at home with me during nice weather and healthy constitutions and finally, five years in, it has arrived.

Sure, I have some Corona concerns but I'm trying this new thing where I just don't think about things that worry me. It works approximately half of the time. I'm avoiding large gatherings and washing my hands and as someone who effectively lives in a quarantined state, not all that much is so different.  I'm tickled by my friends who have cabin fever after three days at home. I withhold my advice as a professionally isolated member of society because it takes years to master the inner-zen required for a peaceful quarantine. They just won't understand.

All I have for you at this time is this picture of the living room, post deep-clean. I've got that Spring-Weather-Redecorating sensation in the tips of my fingers and have lots of new ideas and projects for the house. It's a shame I'll have no income until Summertime. I want to buy unnecessary furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...