Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Love In A Time Of Corona


So maybe all of my hard work has been cancelled for the next three months. And maybe lots of my brides are rescheduling for July, which is a humid disaster of a time to host an outdoor party. And definitely this whole pandemic is a real heartbreaking calamity but if you were looking for something positive to focus on, humans are restoring my faith in each other lately.
Look at this big outpouring of creativity and kindness and humor and positivity. Have you seen the videos? The balcony dancing, the cities singing, the new Italian suppertime so everyone can eat their meal together in their own apartments. Have you seen the wonderful ways folks are making their people laugh and the creative ways they're celebrating birthdays? People are gardening and riding bikes and playing tic-tac-toe on windows with dry erase markers.
People are sticking their wedding plans to The Man and having extra special tiny weddings and people are cooking elaborate meals and dusting off old hobbies and unexpectedly, spending much less time on screens. I've been longing for this day. Without the deadly virus of course. That part really is awful.


Brett's boss has been "exposed" to the virus so any minute now I reckon we'll be called by the CDC for testing. Ah another day in paradise. Have I mentioned the singing Italians?
I love having Brett home during the day and the Big Guy loves working from home. He never wants to go back. He loves sitting on the deck with me and the pups during his lunch break. I love running up behind him at his desk to scare him or hug his hairy neck.
We also love being able to walk the girls in the pretty morning sunbeams instead of in the evening when the trees block out that lovely evening light. I've been doing lots of yard work while Brett rebuilds our front steps. Last night I cooked a decadent onion pasta dish for supper. It took two precious hours and I had the precious time to do it.


Financially, this is a disaster. Emotionally, this is all quite worrisome. But physically, in real life, this is what it's all about! If we could add friends and family it would be perfect. Long, chatty lunches followed by naps. Ah another day in paradise.
I'm writing this all down now before we or anyone we love gets sick. I will not have positive feelings then and I will need to remember life's juicy bits. I will likely panic. If my folks or Olivia get sick I will be inconsolable until they recover. I'm actually a bit scared.

But I'm also delighted by people making the best of things. I wish people were always this thoughtful.


 Photos by Adas Vasiliauskas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...