Monday, April 11, 2022

Bright Flowers Bright Futures

Let me tell you about all the fun. As Brett prepares to leave, he's got heaps and tons of work to do. He's been working until 8pm most nights for the last week. He's got his real work, his side work, his Engineers Without Borders work, prepping for a trek to Africa work (lots of vaccinations and papers), and he's also got me harassing him to come watch the latest episode of The Last Kingdom. "Come on, don't you want to see how Uhtred will get them out of this one?"

Meanwhile, I also had him build me a big frame thing for a wedding, Jessie stayed with us while she had meetings in town, and Clint has had Brett take over the hosting of a PAC get together that is happening the night before he leaves. Look at him here, cuddling his latest nephew, all serene and at peace. (Nick cried seconds later.)

Even though Jessie and Alex moved to Rochester, Jessie still works for a company here in town. She stayed with us while also saving the world one software launch at a time. She is our first ever house guest (what does that say about us?) and we used her as an excuse to eat recklessly and play Shanghai on a school night. 

Obviously Erik came to get in on the fun. Doesn't it look like fun? 

Meanwhile, Ellie and Caroline got to go to a wedding in Lisbon...


and Mattie ran off to Paris to get married...


Jessie heads to Amsterdam this week for more work meetings and watching all my friends enjoy springtime in Europe has really kicked up my wanderlust.

Mama has been dutifully reporting to my house on Saturday mornings to help with my weddings. We got to do one out at Boone Hall a few weekends ago and seeing all of my Mexican Loves really kicked up my farminglust. I miss that place. 

Last weekend, with the help of Brett's engineering, Dad's upper body strength, and Mom's long-suffering fingers, we made a little ceiling full of flowers for the happiest Spring wedding. It must have been secretly awful because my helpers all suddenly suggested they deserve compensation for their efforts. Psh! Just can't find good help.


I'm wrapping up my internship this month with some big activism-based plans on the horizon. I'll tell you more soon. I don't want to go making any official declarations just yet. Ellen and Lee continue to muddle through the newborn gauntlet with an assortment of surprises along the way. I wish I had more to report on there but I haven't had time to be a worthwhile aunt lately. I hope that will change soon... as in June. 

Lots will be different by June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...