Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Pep In The Step

I've been giving lots of pep talks lately - not because I'm particularly good at pep talks but because people seem to be floundering around in a frantic state. I've decided its due to the Spring giddiness factor. People want to be outside when it's so lovely. They want to go to the beach and see friends but they have work and other priorities. Then they get grumpy and sad. Jobs sure do make you miss out on some good things. 

I also seem to have some hyper-focused brides that have spent too much time analyzing each detail of their wedding day. "Well no wonder you're stressed!" I've had to tell a few that none of this actually matters. (The decor, not the wedding.) 

I like easing people's mental burdens. (Call someone else for the physical ones.) I hope I can get real good at that overtime. That's how Big Mama is. For someone so easily outraged by things, she knows just what to say to make you feel tough again. And sometimes she just points out that none of this actually matters. 
Papa Union on the other hand, well he'll give you actions to take to improve your situation. He's always right about it and lots of times you walk away feeling like your problem isn't a problem at all. ("It's an opportunity.") How could I have been so dramatic? But other times his solutions are scarier than your problem. 

Collectively, my folks are great people to go to when you're anything from slightly concerned, to covered in blood and being pursued by the police. There's a parent for either end of that spectrum. 

I hope I can be that great someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...