Friday, July 8, 2022

Dull Things

Here are two happy photos from my birthday dinner out with friends. One of my sandals exploded so Brett took it upon himself to carry me. "Your feet shall not touch the ground!"

It was all fun and games until Brett's butt swung around front to be in this next picture. The "front butt" has become the prevailing memory of my 32nd birthday and is now the logo of our friendship group. The howling laughter that ensued was the best gift I could have asked for. 

The next morning, I woke up not feeling so good... Day 1 of Covid Week.

Brett and I were amazed how quickly I went from such enthusiasm on Sunday, "Lets go to the beach!" to such bitter despair by Wednesday, "Let's go pick up an oximeter." 

Sunday                                                          Wednesday 

Brett worked from home while I was sick so we did a lot of driving around and experimental cooking. Well, Brett did experimental cooking. I laid still and blew my nose. We also got hold of an ice cream maker and have been working on mastering both strawberry and chocolate flavors. Wild times here.

In other news, Brett did such a great job on the Battery Seawall project that he was asked to give a presentation about glass fiber reinforcing at a big, dull engineering conference. It was a 50 minute presentation that required a few practice runs to get the words right. Fortunately for me, he practiced in the living room. 

Practice Presentation #1:

Practice Presentation #5

There was an obvious dip in enthusiasm as time went on. The presenter didn't even bother to stand up. I've heard the presentation so many times I believe I'm qualified to take on the Q&A at the end. Anything you folks want to know about glass fiber reinforced polymer?

What else do I have for you? Hmm... it's especially hard to do a blog post after a week of summer doldrums. I've got lots going on in the upcoming weeks so until then, here's a picture of Pip that makes my heart bubble. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...