Sunday, July 31, 2022

Just Sittin'

Here's a picture of my folks that makes me smile. 

The seemingly topless woman in the back had me wondering what kind of establishment these Magoo's had wandered into. 

I'm coming up on the last two weeks of my first semester of school. I like it heaps and tons more than any other kind of schooling I've ever done; mostly because I'm interested in the subjects but also because I'm allowed to be part of the conversation. Usually, in school, they make you sit down and shut up, but in this kind of school, they ask, "Well, Laura what do you think?" 

No one ever asks for my opinion on anything besides flowers. It's thrilling. I also very much enjoy making the class laugh. I never dared show my personality in school back in the day. I didn't want to be bullied or teased. But here, on virtual school, no one can slap me or ridicule me without the professor hearing it, so I like to offer real-life anecdotes to the subjects we're looking at each week. With such a cast of characters in my life to pull from, I've coaxed smiles out of even the most stoic of classmates. It's the most satisfying work I ever done. I've got my two final project to wrangle over the next couple weeks and POOF! One semester down. 

Here a picture of Stono and Nick tolerating Aunt Lue over Facetime.


Why do Ellen and I FaceTime when we live within walking distance of each other? 
Because going to her house is chaos. 
That's not entirely true. Ellen usually FaceTimes me when she's changing diapers or performing a menial task that she thinks may be the one that breaks her. But it is chaos over there sometimes. I don't like all the damp spots.

And here's a picture of Buddy, just sittin' in the water.


He's too fat and achy to really fling himself off the dock anymore. It's a bit sad, really. But he's still loves to go out on the dock to watch the birds, sit on the end of the ramp, and of course, take big heaping dumps in the middle of the walkway. I'm hoping to take him out kayaking soon. Now that it's almost August the water should be warm enough for me.

Just kidding.
Sort of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...