Friday, September 9, 2022

Mostly Dogs And A Furniture Excursion

Well first of all, Hayden sent me these two pictures of baby Grace and I'm just beside myself. 
Look at her wee tail curled around Brett's wrist. 
What a bully she's grown into.



Here, the girls listen to me discuss my plans for the day. Pippa politely feigns interest most of the time. Grace just waits for me to leave. 



Ok, last one. Pip put herself in time out. 


Anyways, a couple weeks ago, Dad hired the toughest people he knows to help him move some furniture around. He didn't actually pay the hired help but he rented a Uhaul and barked at Ellen and me to meet him at the garage at 9:30. 
Ellen and I hoisted and heaved, pushed, shoved, twisted, and wrapped in protective blankets. Dad focused his efforts on the strategic packing of the Uhaul.

"Be sure to lock the knees and yank with your lower back." - Brett

Once we loaded up the contents of the garage, it was off to Aunt Melody's to gather more. I would tell you what this is all about but it's a secret mission; one that the church sent Dad on to do some good for some people. (You'd think the church could afford real movers - what with that tax break and all.)
We finally all piled into the truck, and it smelled real bad in there. 

"Eww! It stinks in here," Ellen exclaimed as she climbed into the middle seat. I noticed a wet smear on my seat as I heaved a leg inside.
"My seat it wet!" I shouted. Dad began to laugh.
"This truck is so gross, Dad," Ellen said. 
"Oh no it does smell in here." I said. Dad caught a case of the giggles.
"It's a smelly truck!" Ellen exclaimed.
"Smelly truck Jerry!" Dad yelled. 

We barreled along down the road trying not to touch anything in the smelly truck. There's no real point to this story but we laughed the whole time. 

The Two Girls and An Old Guy Moving Company

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...