Friday, September 30, 2022

Chaos

It's move out weekend and there is currently a hurricane shaking up the trees outside. We move into a temporary rental tomorrow and then the new owners of Black Pig Farms will hunker down here with all of their crap. I'm feeling preemptively guilty about the ugly tracks that our 16ft moving van will leave in the front yard tomorrow. We wouldn't do that on purpose you know. 

Packing up all your crap sure makes a pair go down memory lane. The "keep," "chuck," and "giveaway" piles do not seem to be growing at equal rates. 

"Do you want to keep this?"
"Yeah."
"Why? It's been in the attic since we moved in."
"Just because."
"I get it."

I began packing crap at the start of the month and I realized that all of those things that have been sitting in storage (and at my folks house) is most certainly stuff I don't need. It was the first group out. The "We won't need this between now and moving day" stuff - so really we should simplify our life and get rid of it. 
But we won't. 


In sappy house news, I tried to come up with what I'll miss the most about this place but it's not a certain room or view or spot in the backyard. What I'll miss is sure to be present in the next house - the shock-filled kitchen experiments, giddy cozy movie nights, pantsing Brett and then running away scream laughing.... these are best parts of life at Black Pig Farms. Isn't that icky? With Brett coming along with me to the new house and all, I don't think I'll actively miss this cute little structure. When I think back on my life in another forty years, what I'll remember about it will simply be the high happiness factor of our time here. 
It's been a real joy-filled home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...