Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mattie, Dogs, and Gruesome Artwork

This week has been a doozie for me. On top of presenting the worst painting I've ever done to a paying client (if you will), I was house and dog sitting for two places AND the lovely Mattie Bush showed up for an impromptu trip to Charleston. I'm exhausted.


Mom and Dad, Carolyn and Dave, and Ruth and Bob spent the last week out at Edisto. I was left here alone on Pet Patrol to watch the house and do a painting I was asked do for someones Father's Day present. Alright. I can do that. Wrong!! Monday night Mattie showed up and of course I was thoroughly distracted by her tales of celebrity watching in France and all the typical Mattie antics that followed. No worries, I'll paint in the morning. Wrong!! We NEEDED Krispy Kreme which is so close to Downtown that we may as well go wander King Street. No worries. I'll paint tonight. Wrong!!

I received a phone call from Ari's ex-coworker who desperately needed a last minute dog sitter. Well alright. This girl has a swanky apartment with a great view and a tiny little "step-on" dog. Sure I'll watch her. Turns out it can't be left alone at night so Mattie and I slept there. Well, Mattie slept...on top of me.







Alright alright. I'll paint on Wednesday. Nope. I had acupuncture that day and then we met some Mattie family members for dinner. I ended up completing my horrific piece of artwork in a number of 30 minute intervals throughout these days. I had to run home to let Buddy in and Baxter out. Feed Buddy, Baxter in. Buddy in, feed Baxter outside blah blah. Don't forget to walk the Step-on dog. Mattie wants to see a movie. Don't forget your bug pills. Your painting is still wet. Step-on had an accident. Buddy needs to play. Grah bleh whaa!!!! It's a good thing I'm unemployed.

Whining aside, it was so fun to see Mattie and she made me so excited for the pending Greece trip. Saying no would really be tough. Who am I kidding? I was raised by the leisure club. I'll probably go.  

I did finally meet Carter, the guy who wanted the painting, Thursday evening where I truly threw it at him, apologized, and ran away. No, I did not take any money for it. It was appalling.  Tonight we are having a Dad and Chris (Chris n' Chris) birthday dinner somewhere with Jazz music. I'm quite excited. Ellen is leaving for a cruise in just a few days and we realized that this Sunday will be our last family dinner for the summer. After this week, Ellen will be missing. Then Jared leaves for his big New York adventure, and then I'm off to faint my way through Europe.

Mom and Dad will be empty nesters. Ohhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...