Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Went Outside!!

and the air never smelled so sweet! I've been all cooped up, hiding from the sun, and cowering in an air-conditioned corner. Ellen, Chris, Dad and I had some dock time this weekend and I never once felt like keeling-over or throwing up the pounds of bugs and yogurt I've eaten in the last week.
I'm such a catch.










I've even splurged and went for a walk yesterday morning. It was scary. I tiptoed down the street, nervously focused on the heat mirage wafting off of the hot cement road only 50 yards away. I walked like Buddy, zig-zagging across the road to stay in the shady spots. There were three stretches of no shade. I braced myself for impact ...and then became thoroughly distracted by some tiny white flowers. Before I knew it I was lost in thought about summertime things and how much I wanted a plate of french fries. Before I knew it I was rounding the corner, gazing lovingly at Ari's house, picturing her car in the driveway and loading up for a beach day. 

Speaking of which, Ari says it's very hot in NOLA and she's been enjoying snowballs and ice cream cones. If I was made of money I would most definitely be down there with her right now, ingesting only the best unhealthy foods and wallowing in powder sugar. 
That's was they do there. Ever heard of Cafe Du Monde?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...