Saturday, December 14, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Unibomber

I feel there was an abrupt ending to your whirlwind, wedding-less trip to Charleston. And most of all, I am put out that I was not able to give you goodbye hugs. Those are the serious hugs. None of those day to day lighthearted hugs. So please, give each other a profound and even lingering hug, just for me. T'was lovely to see you two. Even so briefly.

Since your departure, all has gone back to normal. I did finally go see the big cat with the thick neck. Indeed, he's a doozie. I've been slaving away at the Deli most days but alas it is raining today so they sent me home early.


I am now at the point within my year to begin some very big planning. Spring'll be comin'. Where should I go?
Well since you've asked, I'm thinking about Europe again. For a while there I was inclined to save loads of money so that I could eventually buy one of those pricey flights to Australia. I really want to go there. And to New Zealand. Those mountains! And beaches! But then I decided it was way too far to go alone. I'm afraid of being kidnapped and/or hit by a car. So I've decided to wait for a husband or a group of 3 or more to accompany me on that particular adventure. 
Countering that dream, Mattie has booked a flight to Greece in July. I know. I KNOW! 

What do I do?? I've found a few farms in Spain and Portugal that I'm debating working on for a month or so. Then I could causally dance over to Paros for just a quick little month long visit. 

You know what though? I'm kind of itchin' to explore this country. I'd like to go out west. Oh and north. Like Montana north not New York north. Though I would enjoy going to Boston I think and Vermont. I'd also like to go to Seattle and Portland and work on a vineyard picking grapes in northern California. Oh and Denver and Nashville and Austin, Texas. 

I'm truly conflicted. By the way, (since I know you're judging me...Georgia!) I do realize I can't do this forever. But at the moment I quite literally have nothing else to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...