Sunday, December 22, 2013

Budds and Birds

It is a consistently pleasing thing to experience warm weather in the "wintertime". Usually we have warmer Christmases and I've always been pleased by this. I'm not sure that it's technically winter yet but it was almost 80˚ today and while I hate to admit to being a curmudgeon, I've been horrendously cranky lately and I tell you what, feeling the warm sun on my shoulders slapped me right back into old Laura. 
Outside makes me happy.


Budds and I ventured out for some Dock Time and sunbathing. I opened the gate and he took off, flying towards the pod of seagulls on the end of the dock. It took him less than 5 seconds to run the full length of the rickety wooden boards but the gulls got the last laugh, sailing away in the wind just in time.



All of us took naps this afternoon. Even Ellen and Chris came over and she promptly conked out upstairs, leaving Chris on the sofa wondering where everybody went. I had the distinct pleasure of napping with my window open. I curled up on the bottom corner of my bed, closest to the window, and slept with a cool sea breeze blowing through my hair.

To top off an already lovely day, all of Mom's folks came over for our Christmas dinner and we dined on a giant turkey and Carolyn's magical Pineapple Slop. Carolyn had us all in stitches telling us about a time her shoe boxes fell out of the closet in the middle of the night and David screamed like a girl.
"A six year old girl." he clarified.

Since they've left, I've taken Budds for a neighborhood jaunt and Mom and Dad are watching Prison Break. It's a great Holiday classic. Tomorrow is my last day of work until January 6th! Just have to make it through one more lunch shift at the Smelly Deli and I'm free as a bird.

Hopefully not one that Buddy chases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...