Friday, May 30, 2014

Laura's Last Dock Day

Or Memorial Day, if you'd like it to not be about me.

Unbeknownst to me, last Sunday was my last day of dock adventures for the summer. Isn't that tragic? A few days ago I was informed that my westwardly road trip must begin promptly Monday morning so that Mattie makes it home in time for upcoming Greecey activities. While I am currently in panic mode, I've done nothing particularly productive except make a loose packing list and map out a route with Mattie. We have 14 stops and 20 days. I'll keep you posted as we make it happen.

So to celebrate the commencement of Summertime, we put the jet-skis and dogs into the water and had a Sunday of boiled peanuts and sunshine. We also attempted some new water sports and saved Sonny from near-death way too many times. Even Omar showed up, for no man can resist a jet-ski and I'd been bragging about Dad's delicious grub for too long.













Perhaps you noticed an absence of Dad in the photos. Mr. Fix-it was present for all of our dock antics however his problem-solving mind could not let him partake in the day's activities as there was mechanical work to be done on our more sluggish jet-ski. Back and forth he walked down the dock, showing up with more tools and buckets each time. "It must be the plugs." he mumbled on occasion while Buddy cruised by on a surf board. His focus never wavered and it wasn't until our muscles trembled from a long day of holding on that Dad finally lifted his head out from under the jet-ski and sat on the bench to watch his daughter's Aquabatics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...