Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Off We Go

Mattie and I headed out bright and early Monday morning. I woke up especially nervous and suddenly decided that I didn't need to go anymore. Charleston is a great place. Why would I leave paradise? I don't really want to live anywhere else anyways. I'll stay here.

I left at 8:00, somewhat reluctantly, and picked up Mattie and two cans of mace. I nervously drove us to Asheville to visit some of my favorite fellas and we ate a healthy lunch and watched hipsters bee-bop their way down the street. Mattie then took the wheel and drove us through the Smoky Mountains to Nashville. Gosh it was so pretty but the winding roads held my attention. As a gal from a flat place, the new concept of driving on an incline terrified me. I decided that if I focused on the road, Mattie would definitely be able to handle this new terrain. She did very well, though there were a few scary moments which she responded to with hysterical laughter.

We've decided to photograph each home we stay in with a portrait of it's owners on the porch. I've also decided to take a picture of our car each day as we begin our drive. I want to watch it transform from organization to chaos.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...