Sunday, November 9, 2014

Folly, My Love


I had Friday morning all to myself. That's a big deal these days. I pulled my sore carcass out of bed and drove to Folly to visit my favorite place now that the tourists are gone and the hot summer sun isn't around being a menace and threatening all kinds of heat related danger. I went to my favorite breakfast spot and got a big ole cup of coffee to-go and I hopped back in my car and drove all over the little island, stopping to watch the surfers and to dip my toes in the cool, sparkly water.



Folly's such a funky little place, especially when you get away from the main drag and venture farther down into the trees. It's a lush island with banana trees growing all around the bases of tall tall palmettos and yet there are still empty, kind of arid spaces with cactus and aloe plants. I just love this place this time of year. While I wish it was warm enough to lay out in the sun and splash around in the water, I would almost trade in those things to be able to keep it tourist-free all year long. It feels so much more personal and homey this way. Like you're let in on a sweet little secret. 
A calm and happy life kind of secret. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...