Sunday, November 23, 2014

Meet Taylor

I feel extra creepy writing this post because I don't really know my new Craigslist roommate, Taylor. Also, she doesn't know I have a blog nor does she know that I'm sitting on the other side of her wall right now, writing about her.

Here she is with her Dad and her very pleasant boyfriend, Greg.


Taylor is from Spartanburg and has that great, upstate drawl. She's my age, works full time in a jewelry store and is still taking classes to finish up her business degree on account of signing up for med school and realizing halfway through that she just doesn't care. 
Taylor is a Craiglist Roommate dream. She's a happy Christian gal and Greg is a happy Christian fella who comes over on occasion to fix dinner and make witty remarks about life. Taylor is very laid back, tidy, and quiet. How did I get so lucky? 
Actually we talked about this. We decided it was The Big Guy. We were both praying for someone to live with sans fear of waking up to them leaning over our beds and drooling.

Here's the kicker, Taylor slips out quietly at nine each morning and most days, returns close to midnight. I never see her. I'm not just saying that. I've seen her four times. Twice in the kitchen, once in the driveway, and once going up the stairs. There was one Wednesday that we both had off and she took me to lunch. We chatted for two hours, so add in our four run-ins and I'd say I've spent three hours with the gal since she moved in 25 days ago. 

But I really like her. She likes dogs and being outside. What more could you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...