Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Four Hundred

For those of you keeping track, this is my 400th blog post. Isn't that pathetic?
That means I've attempted to entertain you 400 times.
That means there are 400 recorded instances of pathetic jokes by Laura.
400 of 'em.

That being said, I'm debating a blogging hiatus. All these years, the comedy just rolled off my tongue. The literary genius would come to me in my sleep. The stories wrote themselves.
But now my tongue is tied and my genius won't wake up.

Really it's that my mind is stuck on lots of serious things. Eww, serious.
I'm trying to think about so many things at once that my mind just stops when I try to work out solutions. Like a pair elevators doors with a big foot in the way. Allllmost and then DING, back to start. Does that make sense?
Anyways, while that doesn't affect my ability to sit and write jaw-dropping tales, it's got me entirely distracted. It's all empty up in my head and even when I have a small venture or exciting outing, I'll think back about it and all the details are fuzzy. I don't think I'm very present right now.
So, while I normally just tell you about what's floating around in my mind, these days it would consist only of dull, grown-up things and lots of unanswerable questions and a list of my flaws.
A real snoozer.

I'll keep mulling it over though. I'm real good at mulling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...