Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas '15 in Photos


This year, I had the strangest and least Christmasy Christmas ever. In fact, there was little sensation of Christmas and rather life carried on as though it was any other weekend.
In an odd turn, mortality became the theme of my Christmas, all a few steps removed from me but causing much disruption and sending my thoughts other places than home and family and Jesus.
I went to work, hung out with friends, and thought about well, pain actually. Not so much mine but pain as an inextinguishable concept. How's that for Merry Christmas?

So to add merriment to this post and my memory of Christmas '15, here are photos of Mattie, Ari, and Brett time, a dog park trip, an adventure to a new hiking trail, a baby turtle we found, lovely flowers, the banjo I now call my own, and the whole idea and fact that Ari and I went to the beach for a long walk, icy margaritas, and then an afternoon laying in the sun in late December.















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...