Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Ari & Nate

I had news before when I told you that Nate got a job in Charleston and that Ari was coming home in May but now I really really have news because Nate asked Ari if she would marry him and she said "Of course!" and now I feel all giddy inside.


Lots of things come to one's mind when their soulmate gets engaged. I'm trying to play it cool and not harass Ari with wedding questions even though I have at least 3 dozen things to ask about. Nate proposed on Thanksgiving and I waited with a giddy kind of anxiety all day to get the phone call from Ari : the phone call that would set into motion all the things we discussed as little girls. With that thought there, I'd like the record to show that Ari and I were not the types of teenage girls that had their weddings all planned out. In fact, a couple years ago I asked Ari what she had in mind for her Someday Wedding and she thought it was too embarrassing to think about. Short of knowing I wanted to get married in my parents backyard, I also refused to make wedding plans. I'm no girl. (I have recently, inadvertently planned lots of my Someday Wedding - but that is due to working in and seeing weddings every weekend - makes it easy to imagine what your day will absolutely not look like). So anyways I'm going to Athens next week to make Ari think about her wedding day and harass her with all of my questions!

I also feel as though I should tell you why Nate is the best fella ever because you've never met him and I never talk about him in my blog space out of a respect for his privacy - or something like that. Nate The Great has been a twinkle in my eye since Ari got an office tour from him on her first day of work at grad school. All I knew was that he was handsome and sweet and I fell for him shortly after hearing that he split his breakfast muffin with her early one morning at the office. 
"Ari! He likes you!" I declared and I was on Nate's team ever since, because I know why he liked Ari. How could one not like Ari? And thus, many moons have passed and I've never heard a single complaint from Ari except once when I made her admit that Nate couldn't possibly be perfect and even then she just said that when he gets mad, he needs time to cool off. That was the best she could come up with. 
Nate is smart and sweet and very polite. He has pretty eyes, a chocolate lab named Chester, and he loves plants a whole lot. Doesn't he sound wonderful! I'm so happy for both of them and after that, everything else in my brain is completely selfish because I'm thinking about all the wonderful times we'll have and how no matter how often I show up at their house, Nate's way too polite to ever suggest that I leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...