Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Little Dream

I have another tasty morsel of excitement and I'm only slightly hesitant to tell you about it because it's
only 90% a done deal. Sometimes (if you believe in jinxing things) (I'm on the fence about it) you can destroy your own hopes and dreams by sharing them with people before they are true.
It seems like I'll be buying a new home next month but it's not just any home. It's a little place that I've loved for many years. A sweet little southern cottage, nestled into some mossy oak trees.

What's especially fun about it is that I was one week away from buying a different house. A 3-bedroom brick, fixer upper in a good location. I liked the house but it took a while for me to come around and accept it. BUT THEN! Just in time! We caught word that my little dream cottage was headed for the MLS.
"We've got to go look at it, Dad!"
And Dad understood. Mom also loves this little house. So we went to look and I prepared myself to hate it. "You've already got a wonderful home lined up. This little place will be dark and old and really small. You probably won't like it." I tried to not like it. Mom tried to not like it. Dad said nothing. We looked in that little house, gazed at the mossy oaks, noted the detached garage studio space, and then drove home and sat quietly in the living room.
Time passed in silence.
"You don't have to decide today." Dad said.
There was more silence.
"I've decided." I said.
"What are you going to do?"
I smiled a guilty smile. Dad rolled his eyes and I've been mentally decorating it since.

I'm very excited to get back inside and take photos. It needs a little bit of love and a new roof but Dad thinks I can move in sometime in January. Here's a rough Goggle map photo of the little dream I'll live in.



I'm stupefied that this is really happening. I get to have a porch! And a garden! And Pip gets a yard! And... it's even closer to Mom and Dad's house than my current home. Wouldn't want to get more than three miles away from those people. I might melt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...